Senior Software Engineer
OmniByte Technology is a fast-growing software company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Senior Software Engineer with OmniByte you will lead the design and development of Software as a Service solutions and services in the world of large scale business applications.
Our team focuses on quality solutions and the latest technologies for business software developed in a mobile and cloud solution first and foremost, which reduces cost as a barrier to new technologies. Your goal every day is to design and build solutions which help the end user be more productive; getting more done in a day and returning home on time. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest of quality software and advanced services and mentor our team in solving problems in a multi-device world.
An ideal candidate will possess strong, demonstrated capabilities in programming, is passionate about problem solving and building technologies which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs.
We are looking for those who dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions.
- Remote eligible in the following states/districts: AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, WI, WY
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies while providing a user-friendly experience.
- Be client focused and deliver a product that is centered around a great client experience.
- Work directly with clients and partners to configure, enhance, integrate, and maintain business solutions for new and existing business applications.
- Evaluate current and future implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks or improve product performance based on end-user feedback.
- Design quality assurance and test processes for components and subsystems of end-user applications and systems software running on local hardware, networked, and cloud-based platforms.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for applications; identify and debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into software architecture.
- Conduct performance analysis of systems.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality, commercial software or services. (academic development experience not considered)
- 4+ years demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (T-SQL)
- 3+ years of professional experience with one of the major object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java.
- 3+ years of mobile application development experience. (Android, iOS, Windows)
- 2+ years of professional experience with SQL Azure.
- Experience with Angular and Ionic Framework.
- Experience with REST and JSON, and knowledge of how to utilize REST on iOS and Android clients.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Agile development practices preferred.
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, database design, algorithms & data structures and parallel programming.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to clients.
- Experience implementing useful caching, scaling, and performance improvements on iOS and Android.
- Script and tool writing experience to help code or deploy code.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
OmniByte is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. OmniByte is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.