Tech Consultant - Team Lead
OmniByte Technology is a fast-growing software company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Technical Consulting Team Lead with OmniByte you will work directly with customers and partners to design and develop custom solutions and services for large scale business applications.
Our services team focuses on quality solutions using the latest technologies for business software developed in a mobile and/or cloud solution. Your goal every day is to deliver advanced technical solutions which help the end user be more productive; get more done and maximize investment in current technologies. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest of quality solutions and advanced services and to enhance and integrate OmniByte’s solutions.
An ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and customer services skills, demonstrated capabilities in project management and software development, is passionate about problem solving and building technologies.
We are looking for leaders who dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provide daily operations management of a team of Technical Consultants in delivering quality innovative solutions on customer engagements.
- Lead your own projects including project management and delivering functional and technical solutions domestic and internationally.
- Collaborate with team members to problem solve, share knowledge, facilitate effective team interactions, lead and encourage enthusiasm and innovation.
- Design, develop, migrate, test, deploy, maintain, and deliver creative business solutions for complex business problems on new or existing business applications.
- Work closely with sales and presales to estimate and/or present consulting services solutions to potential customers.
- Work directly with customers and partners to configure, enhance, integrate, and maintain business solutions for new and existing business applications including OmniByte products.
- Accountable for oversight of successful customer installations, renewals, change orders, and on-going support. Review key project deliverables and participate in key milestone meetings as appropriate.
- Manage and reach utilization, revenue goals, and profitability goals. Establish best practices to monitor project outcomes, project costs, and budgets.
- Create and sustain customer relationships. Continually seek opportunities to increase customer loyalty and deepen customer relationships. Engage the customer proactively in order for OmniByte to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both the customer and the company. Manage expectations and conflicts in a professional manner.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality, commercial software or services. (academic development experience not considered)
- Demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (TSQL), Azure and Visual Studio
- REST Web Services with JSON or XML
- Experience or familiarity with Angular Framework
- Strong fundamentals in database design, algorithms & data structures, and parallel programming.
- Previous development or technical consulting experience with a major ERP software vendor product(s) like MS Dynamics, NetSuite, IFS, Infor, Oracle, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Knowledge of GWT, Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, WCF, WPF, or IIS
- Mobile application platform development experience. (Android, iOS, Windows)
Travel: Position may require some travel.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org