Interns at OmniByte Technology are passionate about problem solving and using technology to help our company run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs. If you are an accounting student who enjoys a challenging, team-oriented work environment, you may be the perfect fit for OmniByte.
Accounting interns will participate in all aspects of the accounting and business operations functions, from ordering supplies to preparing and analyzing the company’s financials.
- Assist accounting team with research and filing
- Purchase office supplies
- Learn accounting software and work with the team to improve current processes
- Input vendor invoices and process payments
- Prepare weekly customer invoices, apply payments, and follow up on outstanding A/R
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Record and reconcile bank and credit card account activity
- Post month-end entries and reconcile account balances
- Prepare and review financials, investigate variances, and analyze results
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
Accounting interns must be actively enrolled in a university, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Candidates must have completed introductory accounting courses with a basic understanding of financial principles.
Experience and Skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized with good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Able to independently solve problems and seek assistance from other team members when necessary
Each candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.