Summary of Responsibilities
Interns at OmniByte Technology are passionate about client success, problem solving,and being a part of building, testing,and deploying technologies which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality,and reduce costs.If you are a software engineering student who enjoys solving complex problems by writing robust, loosely-coupled, and object-oriented code-you may be the perfect fit for OmniByte. Software engineering interns at OmniByte will participate in the entire application lifecycle –from initial product conception to shipping the final product.You will work with code, algorithms, and data structures in an agile environment,learning industry best practices, proven processes, and tools that will give you an edge in the job market. You will work on exciting projects along side our team of experts who will mentor you in solving problems and building advanced solutions for a multi-device world.Yo u’ll have the opportunity to ask lots of questions, make valuable career contacts, be challenged while having fun,and get paid doing it.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, maintain, and improve mobile and web applications
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies in real world projects
- Evaluate current and future field implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks or improve product performance
- Design quality assurance and test processes for components and subsystems of end-user applications and systems software running on local hardware, networked, and cloud-based platforms
- Conduct performance analysis of systems
Engineering interns must be actively enrolled in a university pursuing aBachelor’sdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field(with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship).
OmniByte Technology is looking for candidates with strong object-oriented design and coding skills.Candidates must be able to clearly articulate technical challenges and solutions to both technical and non-technical staff members alike. Candidates must have demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies, methods,and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with .NET, SQL, object-oriented programming languages such as C# or Java, and mobile development (Android, iOS, Windows)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required•Ability to reduce large and complex problems into manageable units for which you can devise a solution
- Strong technical competence, including understanding of data structures, algorithms, systems architecture,and user experience design
- Experience in database analysis, specifically SQL, troubleshooting customer problems,and responding to customer requests
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to work through problems independently when possible, and only seek assistance from mentors or other team members when necessary
Each candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.