Interns at OmniByte Technology are passionate about client success, problem solving, and being a part of building, testing, and deploying technologies that help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs. If you are a MIS student who enjoys technology, working across all aspects of an organization, and analyzing complex business processes – you may be the perfect fit for OmniByte.
MIS/BA Interns at OmniByte will participate in the entire business lifecycle – from initial product conception, sales/marketing operations, development process, and deploying and/or training a final product. Interns are mentored, learning the industry best practices, proven processes, and tools that will give you an edge in the job market. You will work on exciting projects alongside our experts. You’ll gain valuable experience managing your own set of deliverables in analysis, design, testing, and implementation as well as data analysis on market and client activity. You’ll have the opportunity to ask lots of questions, make valuable career contacts, be challenged while having fun, and get paid doing it.
Summary of Responsibilities
Business Analyst: Use knowledge of business processes to analyze options, define requirements, and create functional designs for technology solutions to business problems
- Assist in developing training materials regarding functionality of products
- Assist in developing materials and templates for demonstrating products
- Train staff on product templates created
- Assist in research and creation of specifications for systems to meet business requirements
Data & Analytics: Develop reporting and analytical solutions to turn data into business insights, including the management of reusable and consistent data foundations and CRM
- Enter data to support MIS/Business projects
- Research new vendors, competitors, tools, or functionality and present results to staff
- Manage large data (standardize, verify, organize, clean, and enrich) and understand how data is presented, utilized, transformed, and consumed
- Prepare reports and metrics based off key findings
Project Coordination: Plan and manage the delivery of technology projects
- Participate in time-limited projects related to OmniByte products and business-related projects.
- Execute special projects such as gathering and rolling out new features, case studies, and testimonials.
- Assist the team in producing quality deliverables, including status reports, client stories, and diagrams.
Engineering: Design, develop, configure, and test technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies in real world projects
- Evaluate current and future client implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks and improve product performance
- Design quality assurance and test processes for components and subsystems of end-user applications and systems software
- Analyze, design, and determine appropriate testing, scripts, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall design of product
- Write and execute unit and integration testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application to ensure new functionality meets technical design
MIS/BA Interns must be actively enrolled in a university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar fields.
OmniByte Technology is looking for candidates with strong technical and business skills. Candidates must be able to clearly articulate technical challenges and solutions, and effectively communicate concepts to both technical and non-technical staff members alike. Candidates must have demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies, methods, and tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to apply the Divide and Conquer strategy to reduce large and complex problems into manageable units for which you can devise a solution
- Technical competence, including understanding of data structures, processes, and UX design
- Experience in data analysis, troubleshooting client problems, and responding to client requests
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions
- Interest in feature definition, design, and feasibility
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and collaborative environment
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to work through problems independently when possible, and seek assistance from mentors or other team members when necessary.
Each candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.