Summary of Responsibilities
OmniByte Technology is a fast-growing software company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Senior Software Engineer with OmniByte, you will lead the design and development of Software as a Service solutions and services in the world of large scale business applications. Our team focuses on quality solutions and the latest technologies for business software developed in a mobile and cloud solution first and foremost, which reduces cost as a barrier to new technologies. Your goal every day is to design and build solutions that help the end-user be more productive; getting more done in a day and returning home on time. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest quality software and advanced services and mentor our team in solving problems in a multi-device world. An ideal candidate will possess strong, demonstrated capabilities in programming is passionate about problem-solving and building technologies which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs. We are looking for those who dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our software.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies while providing a positive, user-friendly experience.
- Be client-focused and delivering a product that is centered around great client experience.
- Work directly with clients and partners to configure, enhance, integrate, and maintain business solutions for new and existing business applications including OmniByte products.
- Evaluate current and future implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks or improve product performance based on end-user feedback.
- Design quality assurance and test processes for components and subsystems of end-user applications and systems software running on local hardware, networked, and cloud-based platforms.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for applications; identify and debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into software architecture.
- Conduct performance analysis of systems.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality, commercial software or services. (academic development experience not considered)
- 5+ Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Business Centralor IFS ERP environment related to software development or implementation
- 4+ years demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (TSQL)
- 3+ years of professional experience with one of the major object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java
- 3+ years of mobile application development experience. (Android, iOS, Windows)
- 2+ years of professional experience with SQL Azure
- Experience with REST and JSON, and knowledge of how to utilize REST on iOS and Android clients.
- Experience or familiarity with AngularJS Framework, Bootstrap Framework, and Ionic Framework.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Agile development practices preferred
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, database design, algorithms & data structures, and parallel programming.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems which have been successfully delivered to clients./li>
- Previous development or technical consulting experience with a major COTS ERP software vendor product(s) like IFS, Infor, Oracle, SAP, JDA, etc. is desirable.
- Knowledge of GWT, Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, WCF, WPF, and IIS
- Experience implementing useful caching, scaling, and performance improvements on iOS and Android..
- Database tuning/IFS application tuning
- Script and tool writing experience to help code or deploy code
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.