Summary of Responsibilities
OmniByte Technology is a fast-growingsoftware company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Senior Technical Consultant/Software Engineer with OmniByteyou will work directly with clients and partners to design and develop custom software solutions and services for large scale business applications. Our services team focuses on quality solutions using the latest technologies for business software developed in a mobile and/or cloud solution. Your goal every day is to deliver advanced technical solutions which help the end user be more productive; get more done and maximize investment in current technologies. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest of quality solutions and advanced services and to enhance and integrate OmniByte’s solutions. An ideal candidate will possess strong, customer services skills and demonstrated capabilities in programming, is passionate about problem solving and building technologies which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs.We are looking for those that dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, migrate, test, deploy, maintain, and deliver creative business solutions for complex business problems on new or existing business applications such as Microsoft Dynamics GP or Business Central and IFS ERP/FSM.
- Create mapping between Dynamics or IFS ERP and OmniByte or other applications.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies while providing a positive, user-friendly experience.
- Be client focused and delivering a product which is centered around a great client experience.
- Contribute to success of professional services departmental goals.
- Work directly with clients and partners to configure, enhance, integrate, and maintain business solutions for new and existing business applications including OmniByte products.
- Evaluate current and future implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks or improve product performance based on end-user feedback.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for applications; identify and debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into software architecture.
- Cross functional collaboration with other team members/departments to problem solve, mentor, transfer knowledge and encourage innovation in all aspect of organization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality, commercial software or services. (academic development experience not considered)
- 7+ years demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (TSQL), PL/SQL Developer, TOAD or SQL Developer, or similar
- 7+ years of report writing;Microsoft Report Services, Crystal Reports, and/or IFS Report Designer
- 7+ years of professional experience in one of the major object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java.
- Previous development or technical consulting experience with a major COTS ERP software vendor product(s) like Dynamics, IFS, Infor, Oracle, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Experience with REST and JSON.•Mobile application development experience. (Android, iOS, Windows)
- Experience or familiarity with AngularJS Framework, Bootstrap Framework, and Ionic Framework.
- Experience with Databases (SQL Server, Oracle), SQL Azureand integrated development environments, such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio•Knowledge of caching, scaling, and performance improvements on iOS and Android.
- Strong fundamentals in object-orienteddesign, database design, algorithms & data structures and parallel programming.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems which have been successfully delivered to clients.
- Knowledge of the AngularJS Framework, Bootstrap Framework, and Ionic Framework.
- Knowledge of APF Development, BizAPIs, Transformers, XML.
- Knowledge of GWT, Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, WCF, WPF, and IIS
- Experience with Dynamics or IFS upgrades or migrations.
- Databasetuning/IFS application tuning
- SQL/Oracle and DBA skills, high availability, disaster recovery
- IFS application configuration knowledge, Administration, RMBs, Events, Custom Fields, etc.
- Technical knowledge of IFS applications with experience supporting IFS implementations, upgrades, interface development, security and custom configurations with the ability to apply such knowledge to help solve the customer’s business requirements.
- Installation, Extended Server setup, technical configuration and problem resolution of IFS applications remote or at customer sites