OmniByte is looking for an instructional designer who is excited about delivering high-quality and engaging content, using curriculum development tools to create effective live and e-learning course material, training aids, self-led material. We want someone who can think big about the needs of our customers and execute our customer learning strategy. If you are passionate about creating innovative and impactful learning experiences, we want to talk to you!
Use adult learning theory and instructional design methods to develop and design engaging OmniByte product training curriculum, content, and experience for end-users that meet the learning objectives and strategy set by leadership and stakeholders.
- Provide training sessions to customers in-person or via online meetings.
- Pilot and build new training content approaches to continually revise and strengthen current curriculum.
- Assist in the development and implementation of evaluation, assessment, and certification strategies.
- Own the coordination, planning, scheduling, and delivery of training sessions, rollout of online courses, certifications, as well as assisting with events and conferences.
- Assist with development and execution of meaningful and effective customer onboarding programs and ongoing skill mastery.
- Drive the effective use of our Learning Management System and manage and maintain the online learning platform.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in training and instructional design and implement innovative approaches based on new/emerging topics and best practices in the industry.
- Develop an overall content strategy and roadmap for training updates and maintenance.
- Track, analyze and consult on training metrics to gauge training effectiveness and ongoing needs.
- Assist with marketing design and distribution of learning opportunities, increase awareness, adoption, and demand for product training inside and outside of the organization.
- Provide coaching, support and feedback to employees that deliver training.
- 1-3+ years professional experience in instructional design, curriculum development or creating training content, plus experience in a learning and development capacity preferably in the software industry. Equivalent work experience may apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in instructional design, educational technology, computer science, communications, education or related field. Equivalent work experience may apply.
- Working knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills are required, as is the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts to produce high-quality and polished content.
- Experience creating and evaluating assessments and certification exams.
- Proficiency in instructional design software, e-learning authoring tools, multimedia editing software, and at least one Learning Management System is beneficial.
- Experience in video editing, and visual design, and graphic or UX design a plus.
- Track record for coordinating program, event, and initiative details, logistics, and scheduling.
- Customer support experience or other customer service experience a plus.