OmniByte is building the Product Team by adding a Product Manager. This position is great for anyone who is ready to get into the software and mobile development industry and is ready to do nearly everything except write the code. This is written for an entry level position, but we’d love experienced product analysts, business analysts, product owners, product managers to apply as well. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to learn and jump in and get started with us, and for the right person, work hard to build the Product team and continue to grow with us.
- Work with Product leadership to transform feature requests into requirements (user stories) and interface designs/wireframes that support the product roadmap, vision, and customer base.
- Work within existing design guidelines, best practices, and standards, enhance and improve as needed.
- Ensure creativity and technical feasibility within engineering team seeking team input and cooperation on decisions.
- Lead feature/design reviews with engineering team to ensure problem and solution design understanding.
- Test to ensure features work as designed.
- Review documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Gain a deep understanding about how our customers use OmniByte products.
- Identify product gaps that improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Gain understanding of competitive products in target markets.
- Work with Marketing and CX to evangelize product releases, features, and other OmniByte activities.
- Help with support cases and questions, as well as onboarding and training new and existing customers as needed. Assist with new employee product training, pre-sales questions and support, forms creation as needed.
- Continuous improvement and education on skills regarding products and new technologies, along with the latest UI trends, techniques, and tools; suggest improvements and efficiencies.
- Assist in analysis of product feedback and continuous discovery.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, MIS, Computer Science, Marketing, Visual Design, or Business; equivalent work experience may apply.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills – the ability to write and talk with confidence and clarity for a wide variety of audiences. Ability to “translate” between technical and non-technical audiences. Experience writing end-user technical content, specifications, use cases, requirements, and L&D content is beneficial.
- Passion for problem solving.
- Self-starter who enjoys juggling multiple projects and tasks and doing different things every day, but understands timelines and deadlines.
- Love of technology and understanding of how it improves Work. Technical skills ranging from database architecture to software development are a plus.
- Experience working in design or understanding of design principles, especially if in UI/UX.
- Previous experience in business, software development or engineering field is preferred; includes working as a business analyst, product manager, product owner, or other position in a software development organization.
- We’re looking for someone who is excited to learn, and loves sharing what you know. Must be willing to experiment, throw it away, and start over; remain positive and excited about what’s next.