The OmniByte Customer Experience team is looking for the right person to provide advanced technical support to our customers when a ticket is escalated or falls into a more complex technical area. If you enjoy solving hard problems and explaining these details to others, this may be just the role for you! We don’t expect you to have all the qualifications or experience in the responsibilities, but a drive to learn and grow in this role is critical to your and our success.
This position is onsite in our Fargo, ND office.
Advanced, Technical Customer Support and Troubleshooting
- Provide expert-level technical support to customers through various communication channels to resolve complex inquiries, issues, and problems pertaining to our software products by leveraging your in-depth understanding of underlying technologies.
- Ensure proper follow-up and documentation of steps taken to achieve timely and satisfactory resolution for all assigned tickets.
- Undertake in-depth analysis and root cause investigation of software issues brought to support.
- Act as a liaison between customers and other internal teams, facilitating seamless communication and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date and extensive knowledge of our software products, including intricate features, APIs, system requirements, underlying architecture, and integrations.
- Continuously expand your knowledge of relevant technologies to offer efficient and accurate assistance to customers.
- Collaborate closely with the quality assurance team to replicate and validate customer-reported issues.
- Assist in the testing and validation of software updates and enhancements before their release to customers.
- Mentor and assist Customer Experience team members, sharing technical expertise and best practices to build a cohesive and proficient support team.
- Collaborate with other departments to problem solve, transfer knowledge and encourage innovation in all aspects of organization.
- Create and maintain comprehensive technical articles, troubleshooting guides, and FAQs to empower customers with effective self-help resources.
- Contribute to the development and execution of in-depth technical end-user product training programs to help customers comprehend the full potential and capabilities available to ensure rapid adoption and effective usage of our software solutions.
- Align with OmniByte mission and values.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Possess excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude and a high level of initiative.
- At least three years experience in technical support, preferably in the software industry, involving technical knowledge of complex software issues and debugging. Experience supporting web and/or mobile applications (Android, iOS, Windows) preferred. Equivalent work experience in software industry may qualify.
- Thorough understanding of software architecture, operating systems, and network protocols.
- Knowledgeable in SQL, Azure, object-oriented programming languages, and DevOps.
- Experience installing and configuring computer applications, systems, and networks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and adapt to change quickly working both independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate technical concepts effectively.
- Familiarity with ticketing, CRM, and ERP systems such as HubSpot, IFS, MS Dynamics or similar.
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software.
- General understanding of field service such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, construction, manufacturing or related area.