Summary of Responsibilities
OmniByte Technology is a growing software company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Technical Consultant with OmniByte, you will work directly with clients and partners to design and develop custom software solutions and services for large scale business applications. Our services team focuses on quality solutions using the latest technologies for business software developed in a mobile and/or cloud solution. Your goal every day is to deliver advanced technical solutions that help the end-user be more productive; get more done and maximize investment in current technologies. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest quality solutions and advanced services and to enhance and integrate OmniByte’s solutions. An ideal candidate will possess strong, customer service skills, and demonstrated capabilities in programming, is passionate about problem-solving and building technologies which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs. We are looking for those that dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, migrate, test, deploy, maintain, and deliver creative business solutions for complex business problems on new or existing business applications such as Microsoft Dynamics GP or Business Central and IFS ERP/FSM.
- Create mapping between Dynamics or IFS ERP and OmniByte or other applications.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies while providing a positive, user-friendly experience.
- Be client-focused and delivering a product that is centered around great client experience.
- Contribute to the success of professional services departmental goals.
- Work directly with clients and partners to configure, enhance, integrate, and maintain business solutions for new and existing business applications including OmniByte products.
- Evaluate current and future implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks or improve product performance based on end-user feedback.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for applications; identify and debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into software architecture.
- Cross-functional collaboration with other team members/departments to problem solve, mentor, transfer knowledge, and encourage innovation in all aspects of the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality, commercial software or services. (academic development experience not considered)
- 3+ years demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (TSQL), PL/SQL Developer, TOAD or SQL Developer, or similar
- 3+ years of report writing; Microsoft Report Services, Crystal Reports, and/or IFS Report Designer
- 3+ years of professional experience in one of the major object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java.
- Previous development or technical consulting experience with a major COTS ERP software vendor product(s) like Dynamics, IFS, Infor, Oracle, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Business Centralor IFS ERP environment related to custom software development or implementations or with similar environments
- Mobile application development experience. (Android, iOS, Windows) .
- Knowledge and understanding of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle with business acumen and ability to execute a software development project.
- Familiarity with Databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and integrated development environments, such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio.
- Experience with estimating, planning and managing small to large development projects.
- Previous development or technical consulting experience with a major COTS ERP software vendor product(s) like Dynamics, IFS, Infor, Oracle, SAP, JDA, etc. is desirable.
- Experience with REST and JSON.
- Knowledge of the AngularJS Framework, Bootstrap Framework, and Ionic Framework.
- Knowledge of SQL Azure.
- Knowledge of GWT, Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, WCF, WPF, and IIS
- IFS application configuration knowledge, Administration, RMBs, Events, Custom Fields, etc.
- Knowledge of caching, scaling, and performance improvements on iOS and Android.
- Technical knowledge of IFS applications with experience supporting IFS implementations, upgrades, interface development, security and custom configurations with the ability to apply such knowledge to help solve the customer’s business requirements.
- Installation, Extended Server setup, technical configuration and problem resolution of IFS applications remote or at customer sites
Travel: Position may require travel up to 20%