SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
OmniByte is a growing software company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Technical Consultant with OmniByte you will work directly with clients and partners to design and develop custom software solutions and services for large scale business applications. The position is in Fargo, ND.
Our services team focuses on quality solutions using the latest technologies for business software developed in mobile and/or cloud solution. Your goal every day is to deliver advanced technical solutions which help the end user be more productive; get more done and maximize investment in current technologies. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest of quality solutions and advanced services and to enhance and integrate OmniByte’s solutions.
An ideal candidate will possess strong customer services skills and demonstrated capabilities in software programming, is passionate about problem solving and building solutions which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs.
We are looking for those that dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with clients and partners to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and deliver creative business solutions for complex business problems on new or existing business applications, including OmniByte products.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies while providing a positive, user-friendly experience.
- Be client focused and delivering a solution which is centered around a great client experience.
- Contribute to success of professional services departmental goals.
- Evaluate current and future implementations and recommend design modifications or enhancements to eliminate roadblocks or improve product performance based on end-user feedback.
- Cross functional collaboration with other team members/departments to problem solve, transfer knowledge, and encourage innovation in all aspects of the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality software services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (TSQL). SQL Reporting Services experience is a plus.
- Professional experience in one of the major object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java.
- Experience with estimating, planning, and working on a team in small to large consulting projects.
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting applications.
- Experience with REST and JSON.
- Knowledge of data integrations.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, and creating technical solutions.
- Understanding of distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.